We have decades of experience in handling litigation cases related to various industrial property rights.
We provide a full range of services for the Clients we represent, including:
- litigation proceedings before the Polish Patent Office (the PPO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (the EUIPO) and the European Patent Office (the EPO), in particular with regard to:
- notices of oppositions aimed at preventing registration of trademarks by the PPO and EUIPO,
- requests for invalidation of granted exclusive rights (patents, protection rights for trademarks, registration rights in industrial designs etc.),
- requests for revocation of protection rights for trademarks due to non-use;
- proceedings before administrative courts: the Voivodship Administrative Court (the VAC) in Warsaw (complaints against decisions of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland or against decisions of the Polish Patent Office acting under litigation procedure) and the Supreme Administrative Court (cassation complaints against the VAC verdicts);
- proceedings before the EUIPO Boards of Appeals which handle appeals against decisions of the EUIPO;
- civil proceedings before intellectual property courts examining in particular:
- cases aimed at protecting intellectual property rights, e.g. by prohibiting infringements thereof,
- cases aimed at combating unfair competition;
- criminal proceedings concerning counterfeit goods;
- litigation proceedings before authorities and courts abroad with the aid of time-tested and carefully selected foreign representatives;
- arbitration proceedings concerning Internet domain names.
At the pre-judicial stage, we provide our Clients with comprehensive advice and consultations based on an in-depth analysis of technical and the legal aspects of each case. Such an analysis makes it possible to determine possible benefits and risks related to the dispute and to develop a strategy pertaining to proceedings.
We are a keen advocate of alternative dispute resolutions. Thanks to careful structuring of cases based upon their analysis performed by experienced patent attorneys, we have managed to successfully resolve many litigation cases through effective negotiations at the pre-judicial stage.
We specialize in the preparation of cease&desist letters warning the infringers against abuse of exclusive rights. We also successfully defend Clients who have been unjustly accused of infringing exclusive rights of their competitors, in particular by preparing responses to cease&desist letters and conducting negotiations with entities demanding cessation of infringement.
In the case of patent disputes, which usually lead to lengthy and costly litigation, we provide assistance in obtaining expert opinions in relevant fields of technology which help to be decisive in the speedier and effective resolution of the dispute.